Monday, July 18, 2011

Drove my car through water and wont start?

Drove my car through what didn't look like that deep of a puddle apparently it was, my car died almost all the way through, it's an 01 chrysler sebring. That water wasn't that deep possibly to the bottom of my door? I was a dumb *** and tried to restart it in the water. I pushed it out onto dry ground. Tried to crank it and it sounded like it was trying to fire, making that initial turning over noise. I pulled the air filter ( not the spark plugs yet seeing how i had no tools at the moment). Eventually it just started tapping really fast when i tried to crank it, sounded more electrical plus the lights flashed in the car everytime the tapping noise occured. Had it towed to my house and this am i tried to crank it and it made the tapping noise, i turned the key to battery mode where electronics come on let it sit for a min and tried to crank it which made it try to crank without the tapping noise, it did sound like my batter way dying at that moment in time though. If i let it dry out a bit longer and hook some jumper cables up to it is it savable without anymore work? I wasn't in that deep of water and my water intake is RIGHT under the hood so i dno't know what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment